AREA OF CONCERN: RTE POULTRY PLANT WITH LISTERIA CHALLENGES
Sterilex was contacted by a large fully cooked and debone RTE poultry facility who was experiencing periodic environmental Listeria positives.
Plant had a lot of moisture in the environment and often experienced elevated operating temperatures in the RTE environment. Current sanitation procedures included the use of chlorinated caustic, quat and PAA sanitizers as well as intensified cleaning procedures 2X/week. Use of this procedure yielded ~5% environmental Listeria during routine swabbing.
Sterilex proposed the following actions:
- Start with a 5 day consecutive shock treatment of Sterilex Ultra Disinfectant Cleaner/Activator at a 1:1:10 concentration. Product to be applied to all food contact surfaces, environmental surfaces and drains.
- Following the initial shock treatment, apply the Sterilex solutions 2X/week during the intensified cleaning procedure.
- Broadcast Sterilex Ultra Powder dry floor sanitizer on the floor in the place of unregistered dry Quat cleaning compound.
- Listeria positives reduced by 80% following implementation of this program.
- Plant considers this improvement to have made an “enormous impact” in their sanitation program.