Sterilex is a growing company with an emphasis on innovations in antimicrobial and anti-infective technologies for health/dental care, food processing, and environmental decontamination applications.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- 401K with company contribution
- Profit sharing
- Medical healthcare benefits
- Paid vacation and personal leave
- An entrepreneurial, fast paced environment
- A team committed to innovation, growth, impactful solutions, and industry leadership
For over 20 years, Sterilex has been a recognized industry leader for developing innovative, award-winning solutions for microbial control. Based in Hunt Valley Maryland, Sterilex markets a line of proprietary, award-winning biofilm-control biocides, broad spectrum disinfectants and rapid biofilm diagnostic tools that can be used in a variety of applications such as food and beverage protection, animal health, and water treatment applications.
The Animal Health Account Specialist is responsible for fulfilling sales and distribution management responsibilities for Sterilex’s Animal Health market vertical.
Develop and grow Animal Health segment sales
- Establish new accounts, service existing accounts and obtain orders by planning and organizing work and travel schedules to call on existing or potential customers in Sterilex’s animal health market segments.
- Manage sales targets and generate sales plans to meet or exceed targets, and work with leadership to develop growth strategy for the poultry, swine, and dairy market.
- Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key animal health customer account personnel.
- Plan, present and exhibit at industry trade shows and conferences; set up meetings with customers, distributors and key opinion leaders at least two weeks in advance of the show.
- Develop sales by making initial presentations, demonstrating Sterilex products, providing technical support, and product training for end users. Communicate product and service attributes to key customer personnel.
- Complete all sales and service reports accurately and on time to management and customers to ensure proper timely delivery of services to the customer.
- Work with key corporate accounts in the swine and poultry industries.
- Document all opportunities and sales contacts in company CRM system.
- Perform sales forecasting and customer relationship management.
- Contribute to company marketing efforts as assigned by management.
- Proactively network with key industry contacts to build long-lasting business relationships.
Channel partner management
- Manage and make joint sales calls with existing distributors. Train distributor sales and service representatives. Create follow up plan for assigned distributors.
- Contribute to establishment of a standardized distributor training program. Ensure that all new distributors are properly trained.
- Establish metrics to track distributor performance and meet at least annually with distributors for “business reviews”.
- Ensure that all key distributor contacts are entered into Customer Relationship Management software including marketing, purchasing, and A/P contacts.
- Collaborate with Animal Health leadership and Sterilex Marketing to develop distributor support tools to facilitate training and awareness within Sterilex’s distribution partners.
Assist in development and implement comprehensive business plan for Animal Health market vertical
- Assist in development of plans and strategies for achieving company’s sales goals in Animal Health market segment.
- Evaluate opportunities for Sterilex’s current product portfolio to offer differentiated solutions to solve unmet customer needs.
- Provide feedback for new product development (NPD) opportunities to augment product portfolio for Animal Health market segment.
- Help to set product specifications and required attributes for both current and NPD initiatives.
Industry awareness and relationship building
- Develop strong industry relationships with KOL’s, suppliers, channel partners and customers by attending key industry meetings, and involvement in industry committees.
- Assist in completion of product evaluation/trials.
- Develop a strong understanding of regulatory drivers of innovation and collaborate with Sterilex’s regulatory team to pursue differentiated label claims.
Note: this job may include additional responsibilities beyond what is listed above related to sales/revenue generation activities.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in swine or poultry industries.
- Preferred: experience selling animal health biosecurity or antimicrobial products.
- Authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel ≥60% of the time to visit key accounts, attend industry conferences, and work with distributors in every geography in which Sterilex is active.
- Detail oriented individual. Takes pride in accuracy of work product.
- Oral Communication: Excellent verbal communication skills; listens and gets clarification when necessary; responds informatively to questions; actively participates in meetings. Good listener. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Ability to communicate to diverse audiences.
- Fosters teamwork, collaboration and positive team spirit; respectful.
- Strong innovative and strategic thinker, and can apply and integrate concepts from multiple fields of research or market applications.
- Well-developed organizational and project management skills, with ability to multi-task.
- Very strong relationship builder with diverse group of individuals.
- Problem Solving/Analytical Skills: Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Uses reason.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work with Salesforce.com or comparable CRM system.
- Holds valid US driver’s license in good standing with Department of Motor Vehicles in all States.