Sterilex is a growing company with an emphasis on innovations in antimicrobial and anti-infective technologies for health/dental care, food processing, and environmental decontamination applications.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- 401K with company contribution
- Profit sharing
- Medical healthcare benefits
- Paid vacation and personal leave
- An entrepreneurial, fast paced environment
- A team committed to innovation, growth, impactful solutions, and industry leadership
For over 20 years, Sterilex has been a recognized industry leader for developing innovative, award-winning solutions for microbial control. Based in Hunt Valley Maryland, Sterilex markets a line of proprietary, award-winning biofilm-control biocides, broad spectrum disinfectants and rapid biofilm diagnostic tools that can be used in a variety of applications such as food and beverage protection, animal health, and water treatment applications.
The primary function of the Business Development Manager, Protein will include all business development responsibilities for protein market growth, specifically corporate account management, protein market development and analysis, program development, and active management and growth of Sterilex channel partners serving protein end users. He/She will coordinate with Sterilex’s Director of Business Development to increase profitability from sales by developing new business, growing existing business and building relationships with accounts and distributors as it relates to business development in the protein market segments. The Business Development Manager, Protein represents the entire range of company products and services associated with protein processing and manages relationships with key customers while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met by the company.
Corporate Account Management
- Develop and maintain relationships with key national account personnel.
- Formulate, plan, and implement sales strategies to create demand, opportunities, maximize market penetration and accelerate sales growth development.
- Develop custom protocols/programs for Sterilex products for protein processing applications and actively manage trials and implementation.
- Develop sales by making initial presentations, demonstrating Sterilex products, providing technical support, and training product end users.
- Communicate product and service attributes to key customer personnel.
- Maintain regular business contact with key account personnel (i.e. corporate heads of food safety) and key channel partners to build win-win business relationships.
- Actively work with corporate accounts to have Sterilex products written into corporate SSOP’s and RFP’s.
- Manage sales targets and generate sales plans to meet or exceed targets, and actively develop growth strategy for key Sterilex accounts.
- Proactively network with key corporate industry contacts to build long-lasting business relationships.
- Document all opportunities and sales contacts in company CRM system.
Key Protein Distributor Management
- Specific management of key distributors who serve the protein market.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key contract cleaning organizations who apply Sterilex products to protein processing accounts.
- Maintain a directory of key contract cleaning personnel and ensure that all key contact cleaning personnel are aware of and trained on Sterilex’s entire line of products.
Business and Market Development Activities
- Work with industry OEM’s to get Sterilex products recommended or listed by equipment manufacturers.
- Work with all Protein Specific Distributor Business Development and Corporate Account Teams to ensure that they are trained on Sterilex offerings, and that Sterilex products are a part of the new business bid process.
- Build awareness of Sterilex products by USDA, FSIS inspectors.
- Plan, present and exhibit at industry trade shows and conferences; set up meetings with key accounts, distributors and key opinion leaders at least two weeks in advance of the show.
- Provide protein market analyses, join protein trade organizations and lead strategy development to grow the protein market segment.
- Contribute to company’s strategic goals and product development planning by gathering and communicating information about industry needs to the management team.
- Actively evaluate Sterilex’s product portfolio, and collaborate with R&D/Regulatory to develop innovation pipeline for key market segments.
- Conduct market research on competitor’s performance/activity and pricing.
- Contribute to company marketing efforts by developing content/programs for marketing initiatives.
- Exemplify Sterilex’s core values of Innovation, Excellence, Collaboration, Integrity, and Leadership.
- Note: this job may include additional responsibilities beyond what is listed above related to sales/revenue generation activities.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 5 years of experience, either working in, or servicing protein processing accounts.
- Must be able to travel ≥60% of the time to visit customers and work with distributors throughout the US and Canada.
- Must have the ability to work 3rd shift (nights) with sanitation crews to provide product training and service.
- Holds valid US driver’s license in good standing with Department of Motor Vehicles in all States.
- Oral Communication: Must speak fluent English (English/Spanish is desired). Speaks clearly and persuasively; listens and gets clarification when necessary; Responds informatively to questions; participates in meetings.
- Ability to communicate to audiences with varied education and work experience. (e.g. entry level to very seasoned employees, non-degreed to Ph.D. educated individuals).
- Customer Service: Good listener. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for assistance.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently. Gathers and analyzes information; develops solutions; Uses reason.
- Training: Clearly explains concepts; varies presentation style to satisfy different learning needs.
- Excellent relationship builder; cultivates strong relationships with varied personality profiles.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work. Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents data effectively. Able to read and interpret written information.
- Safety and Security: Observes safety and security procedures. Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Cost Consciousness: Works within approved budget. Develops and implements cost saving measures. Conserves company resources.
- Willingness and ability to develop service reports and expense reports.
- Aggressive, competitive, great attitude and strong work ethic.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work with Salesforce.com or comparable CRM system.
- May be asked to mentor and train new hires.
- Professional home office environment in a separate space. Home office must be private, have adequate broadband internet and cellular telephone signal, and organizational and storage facilities to safeguard company property and documents.
- Often will work from hotel rooms and airports.
- Will spend significant amount of time working in and around manufacturing environments.
- Frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts.
- Occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles.
- Periodic exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals.
Protective clothing or equipment is required including: gloves, helmets, steel-toed boots, hair nets, protective eyewear when in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work 3rd shift (nights) with sanitation crews to provide product training and service.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- The ability to walk multiple flights of stairs.
- The ability to travel ≥60% of the time including driving up to 6 hours at a time and multiple flights with airport connections.
- The ability to stand and walk around in a plant environment up to 8 hours at a time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.