Sterilex is a growing company with an emphasis on innovations in antimicrobial and anti-infective technologies for health/dental care, food processing, and environmental decontamination applications.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- 401K with company contribution
- Profit sharing
- Medical healthcare benefits
- Paid vacation and personal leave
- An entrepreneurial, fast paced environment
- A team committed to innovation, growth, impactful solutions, and industry leadership
Sterilex is a fast-growing, innovative life sciences company seeking a dynamic Director of Human Resources who will be a key member of the Sterilex leadership team. The Director of Human Resources (HR) will be responsible for the overall management and coordination of, Sterilex’s Human Resources function, including developing the company’s hiring and employee retention strategy, recruitment processes, employee relations, organizational design and development, employee compensation and benefits programs, and compliance. The Director ensures ongoing HR best practice and compliance and collaborates with all business functions to support Sterilex’s continued excellence and growth.
- Direct and lead all Human Resources functions.
- Implement human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, participating in safety and health team, succession planning, employee relations and retention, and AA/EEO compliance.
- Work with executive leadership to develop a hiring and organizational development strategy to support Sterilex’s strategic goals and foster a company culture consistent with Sterilex’s core values: leadership, integrity, innovation, excellence, and collaboration.
- Ensure that the Company is compliant with all employment-related legal requirements and is implementing best practices relating to HR policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain up to date employee job descriptions, employee performance reviews, and other personnel documentation.
- Provide training and mentorship to hiring managers and staff in interviewing; employee management, review, and evaluation process; and retention strategies.
- Assist executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization’s wage and salary program as well as other HR matters.
- Develop and maintain staff analytics for the Sterilex dashboard, provide regular and well-organized reports to corporate board of directors and executive team as needed. Metrics could include cost per hire, turnover, productive time, employee benefits expenditure per employee, vacancy rate, time to hire and metrics specific to current Sterilex need.
- Analyze statistical data and reports to identify Sterilex’s workforce planning concerns and develop recommendations for improvement of organization’s HR policies and practices and other solutions to address them.
- Participate in Sterilex leadership meetings.
- Develop standardized template for job descriptions, and ensure that all job descriptions are compliant with all regulations and are kept current.
- Respond to staff vacancies and recruit, interview and facilitate the selection of applicants.
- Manage all job postings and manage relationships with all 3rd party recruiters.
- Screen resumes before sending to hiring manager.
- Develop recruiting metrics to gauge success and ROI of recruitment initiatives.
- Develop standardized candidate scoring systems and train hiring managers and staff involved in interviewing candidates on interview best practices and process.
Organizational Development and Performance Management:
- Plan and conduct new employee onboarding to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Plan, organize and direct the employee development and training function. Coordinate with hiring manager to analyze training needs to design employee development program.
- Customize and standardize performance management system across the organization and ensure managers are trained on performance management policies.
- Analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies and programs to establish competitive, equitable programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Perform employee relations and performance management duties, including working with managers and employees to address understaffing, employee disputes, employee terminations, and advising and assisting with all aspects of employee performance management.
- Develop and implement employee recognition and engagement program which may include annual awards, company events, etc.
Advising, Planning and Support:
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering HR contracts and helping to resolve work-related issues.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters, such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
- Make recommendations to management regarding employee recruitment and retention strategies, including employee compensation, benefit programs, PTO policies, work environment, company culture, and team building.
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, employee benefits, employee performance and employee relations.
- Represent Sterilex at any employment-related hearings and investigations, serving as ex-officio ERISA Administrator and EEO Officer for Sterilex.
- Administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems, and programs.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion, and employee benefits.
- Work with leadership and hiring managers to develop employee training needs, plan, and schedule according to job function, legal requirements, and professional development needs.
- Prepare and follow budgets for HR operations, including employee compensation and benefits.
HR Program Development:
- Review functional needs in support of company goals and monitor and manage best practice approaches.
- Evaluate, renew, maintain and/or renegotiate contracts for HR services and programs, including the employee benefits programs.
Note: This job may include additional responsibilities beyond what is listed above related to HR activities and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- HR certification, e.g. – SPHR, SHRM-SCP
- 10 or more years’ experience in HR, with at least 3 years in an HR management or director role, preferably in a fast-growing, entrepreneurial, for-profit company.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time to attend conferences, staff recruitment events and where required to support the HR function and Sterilex’s goals
- Strong leadership, mentoring, time and resource management skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, fast growing work environment. Able to multitask and prioritize accordingly.
- Strategic planning and initiatives, including staffing and succession planning, recruiting strategy, and organizational development.
- Compensation analysis, including development of compensation structures, benchmarking, and career ladder development.
- Recruiting and implementation of candidate/interview process, including standardized testing and evaluation.
- Analytical skills, including cost/hire, turnover, vacancy rate, time to hire, etc.
- Compliance with all HR-related legal requirements, including safety and health.
- Oral Communication: Excellent verbal communication skills; listens and gets clarification when necessary; responds informatively to questions; actively participates in meetings. Good listener.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Provide timely, clear, and complete feedback and follow-up to executive team, management, and staff.
- Ability to communicate to diverse audiences.
- Fosters teamwork, collaboration and positive team spirit; respectful. Accessible to management, subordinates, and peers.
- Well-developed organizational and project management skills, with ability to multi-task.
- Problem Solving/Analytical Skills: Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Uses reason.
- Mentorship: Employee coaching experience. Develops staff skills and encourages growth and development.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with HRIS systems, assessment, applicant tracking and learning management systems.
- Will oversee HR staff, as well as any contracted and HR service providers.
The position requires sedentary work, including exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time with no adverse environmental exposure. The position also includes the following physical requirements:
- The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- The employee in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- The employee in this position needs to be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a copy machine and computer printer.
- The employee is required to communicate and hold verbal conversations with others by means of the spoken word. Employee must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Work primarily from Sterilex’s corporate headquarters in Hunt Valley, MD.