Sterilex is a growing company with an emphasis on innovations in antimicrobial and anti-infective technologies for health/dental care, food processing, and environmental decontamination applications.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- 401K with company contribution
- Profit sharing
- Medical healthcare benefits
- Paid vacation and personal leave
- An entrepreneurial, fast paced environment
- A team committed to innovation, growth, impactful solutions, and industry leadership
For over 20 years, Sterilex has been a recognized industry leader for developing innovative, award-winning solutions for microbial control. Based in Hunt Valley Maryland, Sterilex markets a line of proprietary, award-winning biofilm-control biocides, broad spectrum disinfectants and rapid biofilm diagnostic tools that can be used in a variety of applications such as food and beverage protection, animal health, and water treatment applications.
The primary function of Regional Sales Manager – CA is working with Sterilex’s sales and marketing group to profitably increase sales by developing new business, growing existing business and building relationships with accounts and distributors throughout a specific region. Regional Sales Manager may also be given market development responsibilities as well.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Establish new accounts, service existing accounts and obtain orders by planning and organizing work and travel schedules to call on existing or potential customers in Sterilex’s core market segments (e.g., corporate quality, plant QA managers, food safety managers, plant managers, etc.).
- Manage sales targets and generating sales plans to meet or exceed targets.
- Develop sales by making initial presentations, demonstrating Sterilex products, providing technical support, and training product end users. Communicating product and service attributes to key customer personnel.
- Manage and make joint sales calls with existing distributors. Train distributor sales and service representatives. Create follow up plan for assigned distributors.
- Plan, present and exhibit at industry trade shows and conferences; set up meetings with customers, distributors and key opinion leaders at least two weeks in advance of the show.
- Proactively network with key industry contacts to build long-lasting business relationships.
- Complete all sales and service reports accurately and on time to management and customers to ensure proper timely delivery of services to the customer.
- Contribute to the company’s strategic goals and product development planning by gathering and communicating information about industry needs to the management team.
- Perform sales forecasting and customer relationship management.
- Exemplify Sterilex’s core values of integrity, collaboration, excellence, innovation and leadership.
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years experience, either working in or servicing protein food processing accounts. At least 5 years of sales or strategic account management experience preferred.
- Ability/willingness to travel ≥60% of the time to visit customers and work with distributors throughout the US and Canada.
- Effective Oral Communication: Bilingual English/Spanish is desired. Speaks clearly and persuasively; listens and gets clarification when necessary. Responds informatively to questions; actively participates in meetings.
- Ability to effectively communicate with audiences with varied education and work experience. (e.g. entry level to very seasoned employees, non-degreed to Ph.D. educated individuals).
- Customer Service: Good listener. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for assistance.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems efficiently. Gathers and analyzes information; develops solutions; Uses reason.
- Training: Clearly explains concepts; varies presentation style to satisfy different learning needs.
- Excellent relationship builder; cultivates strong relationships with varied personality profiles.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work. Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents data effectively. Able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Plans for additional resources. Sets goals and objectives. Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Assertive, competitive, great attitude and strong work ethic.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work with Salesforce.com or comparable CRM system.
- Authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Independent transportation and valid US driver’s license in good standing with the MVA.
• Ability/willingness to work 3rd shift (nights) with sanitation crews to provide product training and service.
• The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• The ability to independently travel from business to business location and traverse multi-level sites/building floor levels.
• The ability/willingness to travel ≥60% of the time including driving up to 6 hours at a time and multiple flights with airport connections.
• Professional home office environment. Quiet enough to take phone calls.
• Need access to broadband internet and cellular telephone signal.
• Often will work from hotel rooms and airports.
• Will spend a significant amount of time working in and around manufacturing environments.