Sterilex is a growing company with an emphasis on innovations in antimicrobial and anti-infective technologies for health/dental care, food processing, and environmental decontamination applications.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- 401K with company contribution
- Profit sharing
- Medical healthcare benefits
- Paid vacation and personal leave
- An entrepreneurial, fast paced environment
- A team committed to innovation, growth, impactful solutions, and industry leadership
For over 20 years, Sterilex has been a recognized industry leader for developing innovative, award-winning solutions for microbial control. Based in Hunt Valley Maryland, Sterilex markets a line of proprietary, award-winning biofilm-control biocides, broad spectrum disinfectants and rapid biofilm diagnostic tools that can be used in a variety of applications such as food and beverage protection, animal health, and water treatment applications.
This role represents an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join and contribute to a dynamic, rapidly-growing life sciences company with aggressive growth goals, which provides an opportunity for further advancement. Sterilex has an unwavering commitment to our Core Values: Leadership, Innovation, Integrity, Collaboration and Excellence.
Assist R&D and operations management to plan, create, and conduct experiments supporting Sterilex new product development and product extension initiatives as well as troubleshoot any problems related to existing product performance, manufacturing processes, quality assurance and quality control. General responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Using knowledge of scientific principles, theories, practices and existing technologies to develop solutions for difficult technical assignments that are narrow in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity.
- Coordinating and executing assigned projects and activities; developing project goals and timelines in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations and guidelines.
This position is regularly scheduled to be staffed Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with occasional overtime as needed to support department and company business needs.
Job Essential Functions
- Design, conduct and evaluate experiments that support R&D projects.
- Work as part of a team to design formulations and manufacturing processes for Sterilex’s product pipeline.
- Contribute to the development of manufacturing instructions, scale up batches, and transfer processes into manufacturing and resolve technical issues.
- Independently lead specified R&D initiatives of limited to moderate scope/complexity as defined by supervisor.
- Draw conclusions and recommendations supported by experiments, and develop follow-on experiments as appropriate.
- Prepare and present written and oral reports on findings, project status, and technical issues that affect the business.
- Report results and recommendations to senior management.
- Use experience to propose improvements to company products and processes.
- Survey scientific literature to remain current with developments and stay abreast of current trends, practices, regulatory changes that would impact Sterilex products.
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal and external functions to meet project goals and timelines.
- Interface effectively with Sterilex scientific, business development, and management staff to understand Sterilex markets, innovation and product development goals.
- Perform other duties as requested in support of the department and company business needs.
- B.S. degree in Chemistry or related degree from a four-year college or university with 3-10 years of experience working in an industrial laboratory setting.
- Experience in the formulation of hard-surface (non-pharmaceutical) products in the categories of antimicrobial products, cleaning products, coatings, enzymatic products and associated technologies is preferred.
- Must be available for up to approximately 30% travel as necessary to support company business needs including scale-up and ongoing support at toll manufacturers.
- Good understanding of industrial laboratory processes and procedures including proper maintenance of laboratory notebooks and general laboratory safety procedures
- Must perform well under pressure and deadlines
- Expertise in Design of Experiment (DOE) is preferred
- Good written and oral communication skills and effective interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook, programs to operate equipment, and other related software
- Good leadership skills
- Skill in working independently and with teams and ability to achieve technical goals with minimal technical supervision
- Ability to multi-task, balance priorities and be a self-starter