Sterilex is a growing company with an emphasis on innovations in antimicrobial and anti-infective technologies for health/dental care, food processing, and environmental decontamination applications.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- 401K with company contribution
- Profit sharing
- Medical healthcare benefits
- Paid vacation and personal leave
- An entrepreneurial, fast paced environment
- A team committed to innovation, growth, impactful solutions, and industry leadership
For over 20 years, Sterilex has been a recognized industry leader for developing innovative, award-winning solutions for microbial control. Based in Hunt Valley Maryland, Sterilex markets a line of proprietary, award-winning biofilm-control biocides, broad spectrum disinfectants and rapid biofilm diagnostic tools that can be used in a variety of applications such as food and beverage protection, animal health, and water treatment applications.
The Treasury and Financial Analyst will be responsible for accumulating and analyzing financial data for internal uses and external financial reporting. This is a hybrid role combining traditional FP&A with Treasury Analyst responsibilities. Serving in the FP&A role, the Analyst will primarily be responsible for monthly financial reporting, variance analysis and assisting the Director of Finance with special projects related to the annual budget, Stagegate analysis, ERP implementation, developing/updating dashboards and spreadsheets with financial metrics and other ad hoc items related to the finances of the company. Serving in the Treasury role, the Analyst will primarily be responsible for updating the Daily Cash Management Report (DMR), accumulating weekly actuals of cash activity to feed the 13 week cash model, circulating a weekly liquidity update to the management team and assisting the Director with tracking and renewing rolling certificates of deposits in conjunction with monitoring cash savings requirements.
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Consolidating and circulating all financial reports for the month end close meeting and collecting variance explanations from budget owners along with researching variances for assigned accounts
- Maintain and update financial dashboards including comparing and analyzing actual results with budgets and forecast and monitor variances and trends of financial data
- Assist Accountant with ensuring accuracy of financial records and relay the need of reclasses and adjustments needed through the discovery of account analysis
- Assist Director in the budget process by updating budget templates to circulate to budget owners, consolidating departmental budget data from cost centers and ensuring the budget is accurately loaded into the accounting system.
- Calculate and track financial metrics such as GPM, inventory turnover, OH percentages, ROI, Payback periods and breakeven analysis etc.
- Track sales performance data including growth rates by distributor, top customers, sales by region etc.
- Review and consolidate distributor point of sale reports into master customer dashboards which show sales by customer over time, largest customers, regional performance, etc.
- Prepare financial reporting as requested by sales, marketing and executive functions to support financial reporting and decision making.
- Prepare and maintain instructions/procedures for all tasks performed and update on at least a quarterly basis and/or as needed for contingency purposes.
- Maintain organized network filing of financial reporting, spreadsheets and archived files.
- Maintain the Daily Cash Management Report (DMR) by updating spreadsheet for daily cash activity and circulating daily spreadsheet to the Director of Finance for review
- On a daily basis, ensure that cash is reconciled in real-time to the accounting ledger by coordinating with the accountant to post cash activity
- Accumulate cash actuals on a weekly basis to feed the 13 week cash model
- Investigate and analyze variances of cash actuals to monthly cash forecast and summarize/graph monthly liquidity and revolver available and overall trends in cash
- Circulate weekly liquidity update to the management team which summarizes liquidity, variances from the rolling monthly 13 week forecast and provides an overall update on the cash position of the company
- Track and calculate metrics related to cash conversion cycle such as DSO, DPO and DIO
- Monitor savings account to ensure adequate cash is being saved for periodic payouts of cash for various strategic endeavors
- Track rolling certificates of deposits while ensuring cash availability and CD maturities align with need for large cash payouts
- Establish and maintain detailed listing of bank account and contact summary sheet
- Assist the Director with assessing counterparty exposure and risk by reviewing Annual Risk Assessment Report issued by bank
- Maintain and ensure the Corporate Resolution file is current with signatures on file for company officers, directors and other approving authorities in conjunction with appropriate check signers, wire approvals and approvals established by the Grant of Authority
- Other Ad Hoc assignments related to FP&A and Treasury
Job Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required.
- Minimum 3 years’ overall professional experience in Financial Planning and Analysis and Accounting required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and financial software application/reporting including experience and knowledge of setting up, maintaining and designing reports in ERP systems along with ability to prepare financial models in Excel
- Strong analytical skill with fine attention to detail, precision and accuracy.
- Capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced work environment.