AREA OF CONCERN: A SNACK FOOD MANUFACTURER SEEKING AN ALTERNATIVE ENTRYWAY INTERVENTION DUE TO SLIP CONCERNS.
Sterilex was contacted by a snack food manufacturing plant processing roasted nuts. The plant’s existing wet doorway foamers were contributing to floor slipperiness.
Plant was using a Quaternary Ammonium based sanitizer in doorway foamers. When the liquid foam would spread on the already oily floor surfaces, the floor surface became a serious slip hazard.
Sterilex proposed the following actions:
- Eliminate the liquid based doorway foamer interventions.
- Broadcast Sterilex Ultra Powder dry floor sanitizer on the floor surfaces in the roasting rooms.
- Use Sterilex Ultra Powder in foot mats outside of the entrances to the roasting area.
- The addition of the powder absorbed some of the oiliness on the floors and aided with traction.
- Microbial control in and around the roasting area.“We have utilized the (Ultra Powder) in our Roasting Room and are very pleased with the performance.” –Plant QA